Guyana, one of the most beautiful country in South America, is not only famous for its scenic and untainted rainforests, but also for having an acclaimed educational system in place especially for MBBS students.Yeah, you read it right, the country has been attracting students from all over the world for quite sometime now, and India has also been taking interest in the same now for a while now.
Since the dialect that the country follows is english, the teaching language in the universities are also english.
The modern infrastructure that the country provides is an add-on for students who are looking for a beautiful, peaceful and calm environment to focus only on their studies. The universities do not require the students to take any entrance exam for qualifying, and the NEET results are the only scores needed for the selection process.The universities do not even ask for very high fees or donation . The course fees are again very affordable. Therefore it is a very great idea to give it a thought before you think about other universities as such.
Below you will find a quick guide so as to the things you need to know just before you choose to decide upon a university as such.
All you need to know to study MBBS in Guyana
Here is a list of things that you need to take a quick look at once you have fixated on studying your MBBS from Guyana.
1. Popular Universities
Below are lists of few popular universities that are ranked amongst the best universities globally.
Alexander American University School of Medicine.
Lincoln American University, Guyana.
Texila American University.
Greenheart Medical University, Georgetown.
2. Cost of living
The Cost of living differs from person to person; on average, you may expect an amount between USD 160-200 every month. However, some students work in their free time for part-time jobs and easily earn the same.
- The age criteria for the students have to be between 17-25 years.
- The aspirant should have cleared 12th with a minimum of 50% marks and should have cleared from the science section.
- The student needs to be NEET qualified.
- The Student needs to have Physics, Chemistry and Biology amongst the subjects chosen in 12th standard.
- IELTS and TOEFL scores are not needed
The MBBS can be completed in 5 years
5. Teaching Medium
The language used here as a teaching medium is English, however, they may choose an additional language as well, if they wish to.
6. Documents required
- Birth certificate for age proof.
- 10th and 12th mark sheet.
- 10th and 12th pass certificate.
- A Valid passport with a minimum of 18 months validity.
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Guyana.
- 10 Passport size photographs.
- Approved Documents from the Ministry of External Affairs
HIV test report (Mandatory).
- Bank Statement that shows the 1st year tuition fees being paid.
- Visa fees.
7. When does the academic session start
The Academic session starts every year in September; therefore you are expected to be there before the same starts.
These Guyana Universities are internationally qualified and accepted worldwide by the below-mentioned organizations.
World Health Organization (WHO)
Medical Council of India (MCI)
All you need to do to qualify for the MBBS admission in China
Fill in the online Application form with the accurate information and submit all the required documents, once the request gets verified and accepted from the respected university, they shall send across an invitation as well as a confirmation letter from the university asking the student to come over and pursue their MBBS from the university, once this is received the student may go ahead and make the fee payment and apply for their visa.
The visa processing normally takes some time and once the visa gets issued, you may catch a flight to pursue your MBBS along with your dreams.