If you are wondering so as to which country to choose from for pursuing MBBS, then philippines should be a best choice for you, because not only has the country been attracting many Indian medical students for a while now, but also the country assures the students safety and provides with a quiet, peaceful and friendly ambience for the students to study.
The team of professors that are chosen are also highly qualified and tenure, and the country has top 5 universities to choose from for MBBS students, that doesn’t compromise on the quality of the classes, coaching or training for that matter. This should add on as one of the reasons to choose Philippines as the country for you to do MBBS and they also use English as the medium of teaching language just to make things better and simpler for all the students worldwide that opt to choose philippines.
The one criteria to keep in mind would be the National Medical Admission Test that has to be cleared for you to be eligible for the selection process. Once this is taken care of the whole process speeds up and can be sorted and taken care of very quickly as well. The course fees are again more attractive than many of the universities in india.
Below you will find a quick guide so as to the things you need to know just before you choose to decide upon a university as such.
All you need to know to study MBBS in Philippines
Here is a list of things that you need to take a quick look at once you have fixated on studying your MBBS from the Philippines.
1. Popular Universities
Below are lists of few popular universities that are ranked amongst the best universities globally.
- AMA School of Medicine
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Bicol Christian College of Medicine
- Manila Central University
2. Cost of living
The Cost of living differs from person to person; on average, you may expect an amount between USD 160-200 every month. However, some students work in their free time for part-time jobs and easily earn the same.
- The age criteria for the students have to be between 17-25 years.
- The aspirant should have cleared 12th with a minimum of 50% marks and should have cleared from the science section.
- The students from SC/ST/OBC should have attained a minimum of 45% in 12th, from the science section.
- The student needs to have a thorough knowledge of the English language.
- The Student needs to have Physics, Chemistry and Biology amongst the subjects chosen in 12th standard.
The MBBS can be completed in 6 years
5. Teaching Medium
The language used here as a teaching medium is English, therefore the student needs to have a thorough knowledge of the English language.
6. Documents required
- 10th and 12th mark sheet.
- NEET Mark Sheet.
- School Transfer Certificate.
- Medical certificate to prove physical fitness.
- Police Clearance Certificate.
- A Valid passport with a minimum of 18 months validity.
- Bank Statement of the guardian that displays the fee structure of the 1st year for the student.
- Code of Conduct Certificate.
- School Leaving Certificate.
- Passport size photographs.
- An application form from the university.
7. When does the academic session start
The Academic session starts every year in September but you need to submit a form by June so that you may be there before the classes start.
These Philippines Universities are internationally qualified and accepted worldwide by the below-mentioned organizations.
World Health Organization (WHO)
Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER)
Medical Council of India (MCI)
Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
World Federation for Medical Education (WFME)
All you need to do to qualify for the MBBS admission in Philippines
First and foremost, the student needs to qualify the National Medical Admission Test and then fill in the online Application form correctly and submit all the required documents that include the birth certificate and the other valid and mandatory certificates, once the request gets accepted from the respected university, they shall send across an offer letter from the university asking the student to come over and pursue their MBBS from the university, once this is received the student may go ahead and make the fee payment and apply for their visa.
The visa processing normally takes a while, once the visa gets issued, you may catch a flight to pursue your MBBS along with your dreams.