For a long period now, the Russian country has been attracting Indian medical students, with their safe, friendly, healthy and educational environment. To add on, the country has more than 30 top universities to choose from for MBBS students. And to top it all, 12 medical universities have chosen English as their medium of teaching language.
The country does not require the students to do an entrance exam, for the selection process. Only the NEET results are required, and the whole process is fast and simple and the course fees are comparatively lower than many universities in India, making it attractive for the Indian medical aspirants to choose Russia. Below you will find a quick guide so as to the things you need to know just before you choose to decide upon a university as such.
All you need to know to study MBBS in Russia
Here is a list of things that you need to take a quick look at once you have fixated on studying your MBBS from Russia.
1. Popular Universities
Below is a list of few popular universities that are ranked amongst the best universities globally.
- Kazan State Medical University
- Volgograd State Medical University
- Irkutsk State Medical University
- Belgorod State Medical University
2. Cost of living
The Cost of living differs from person to person, on average you may expect an amount between USD 160-200 every month. However, some students work in their free time for part-time jobs and easily earn the same.
- The age criteria for the students have to be between 17-25 years.
- The aspirant should have cleared 12th with a minimum of 50% marks and should have cleared from the science section.
- If the student has completed 12th from the open board, then they shall be not eligible for the examination.
- The students from SC/ST/OBC should have attained a minimum of 45% in 12th, from the science section.
- The student needs to be NEET qualified.
- The Student needs to have Physics, Chemistry and Biology amongst the subjects chosen in 12th standard.
The MBBS can be completed in 6 years
5. Teaching Medium
The language used here as a teaching medium is English, however, they may choose the Russian language as well, if they wish to.
6. Documents required
- Birth certificate for age proof.
- 10th and 12th mark sheet.
- NEET Mark Sheet.
- A Valid passport with a minimum of 18 months validity.
- Student visa.
- Passport size photographs.
- No objection certificate (Mandatory).
- HIV test report (Mandatory).
- Bank Statement.
- Medical certificate to prove physical fitness.
- Authentic legal papers from the Russian Embassy.
- Receipt of MBBS fees.
- Approved Documents from the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Health Insurance Certificate.
- Invitation Letter from the Russian Medical University.
- Travel Insurance Certificate.
7. When does the academic session start
The Academic session starts every year in September; therefore you are expected to be there before the same starts.
These Russian Universities are internationally qualified and accepted worldwide by the below-mentioned organizations.
World Health Organization (WHO)
Russian Ministry of Education
Medical Council of India (MCI)
Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
World Federation for Medical Education (WFME)
Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER)
All you need to do to qualify for the MBBS admission in Russia :
Fill in the online Application form correctly and submit all the required documents, once the request gets accepted from the respected university, they shall send across an invitation letter from the university asking the student to come over and pursue their MBBS from the university, once this is received the student may go ahead and make the fee payment and apply for their visa.
The visa processing normally takes from 30 to 45 working days, once the visa gets issued, you may catch a flight to pursue your MBBS along with your dreams.