Canada is one of the popular destinations for higher education courses for a lot of many reasons. According to Wikipedia “The number of arrivals as permanent residents increased from 30,915 in 2012 to 85,585 in 2019, representing 25% of total immigration to Canada.” With 10 provinces and 3 territories, immigration to Canada is a lot easier than other nations.
Some Quick Fact About Canada
- Though it is the second-largest country in the world, the majority of the population live in urban areas and cities such as Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver due to harsh weather and dominated forest and tundra.
- Official languages of Canada are English and French.
- In 2019, the number of students who received study permits was about 1.39 lakh.
- The highest international student population in Canada belongs from India followed by China.
- The capital of Canada is Ottawa and currency is the Canadian Dollar (CAD $).
How is Canada one of the best places to study in the world?
- One of the top-rated education systems globally.
- About 28 Candian universities rank in the World University ranking 2020.
- Canada is one of the safest countries in the world.
- Canada has liberal policies and is an immigration friendly country.
- Canada is economically strong but has an immense shortage of talent.
- Canadian colleges and universities have lower tuition fees when compared to other parts of the nation.
- International students can gain work experience without a work permit by working part-time on campus. After gaining a work permit then can work off-campus as well.
- International students can stay in Canada while their PR application is in process
What are the common types of qualifications offered in Canada that are popular among India students?
- Diploma and Certificate Programs – Associate Degree (1-2 years)
- Undergraduate – Bachelor’s Degree (3-5 years)
- Postgraduate – Master’s Degree/Doctoral Degree in Canada
What are the exams required for study in Canada?
Every university has different entry requirements. The most common entrance exams required for admission in Canadian Institutions include IELTS – International English language Testing System, Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), Graduate Record Exam (GRE), General Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) and Medical College Admission Test (MCAT).
What are the intakes to study in Canada?
Canada has three intakes: Fall, Winter and Summer. Among these, the fall intakes that happen in September is popular among Indian students. The Winter intake in January is another intake that one can opt. Summer intake is open for very limited programs and starts around April and May.
What is the education cost to study in Canada?
- Diploma and Certificate Programs – CAD$11,000 – CAD$13,000/ year depending on the course chosen.
- Undergraduate – CAD$13,000 – CAD$19,000/year depending upon the course chosen.
- Postgraduate – CAD$12,000 – CAD$22,000/year
What is the cost of living in Canada?
Cost of living in Canada depends on the place and individual choices. On average, for a student, the living expenses would be around CAD 10,000 – 12,000 per year.
Can you work while studying in Canada?
Yes. As an international student, you can work while studying. You can work 20 hours per week off-campus and 40 hours per week during vacation. There are no limits or rules for working on campus.
How many years of work permit in Canada after the study?
In Canada, the length of your work permit depends upon the length of the course. For a 2 years course, the work permit is given in 3 years. For courses less than 2 years, the work permit is equivalent to the course period.
Ready to pursue your dream in Canada?- Best Study Visa Consultants in Surat
Your dreams of studying in a reputed college in Canada is just a call away. Get in touch with us to speak with an expert counsellor